Skip to main content



Enrollment for the current 2018-2019 school year for all grade levels  & Grades 1-5  are now being accepted. 

Students who will be turning 5 by Sept. 1, 2018 are eligible for Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year. If your student's birthday is Sept. 2, through Dec. 2, your child is eligible for Transitional Kindergarten. 


MDUSD has an online registration process to begin enrollment of your student.  You need to begin the enrollment process by logging on to   Only students new to the Mt. Diablo Unified School District need to enroll online. If you enroll your student online you still must come in to the PHE office to complete your child's enrollment. Students currently attending PHE are automatically rolled into the next school year (except for students that PHE is not their school of residence, they will return to their "home" school, unless you attend PHE on a transfer). The online enrollment website will take you through the registration process.  When completed, print out 2 copies and come to the PHE office to complete the enrollment.  Enrollment is not complete until you have brought your paperwork into the office.  Your child will not be placed in a classroom until all immunizations are complete.

Bring your papers to PHE office along with the following paper work, no copies accepted.  The office must see the originals of the following:

  • Student's birth certificate
  • Student's immunization record.  Must have completed immunizations to start school.
  • Your current photo ID
  • Proof of address

Proof of address consists of 2 of the following original forms:

  • Current vehicle registration with current address
  • State or Federal Tax return with W-2 forms attatched
  • Current voter registration
  • Property Tax bill
  • Rental/Lease agreement with students'name listed
  • Payroll stub with current address
  • Other government forms with current address

No utility bills,  P.O. box or loan papers accepted.  Must have original papers.

PHE has other forms that must be filled out for the enrollment process to be completed.  Should you have any questions about enrollment or any of the paperwork, please contact Pleasant Hill Elementary at 934-3341.  If you have any questions about what school you student should attend or address verification, you may call Mt Diablo Unified School District - Student Services office at 682-8000 ext. 4069, or you may go online to then click on the " Our Schools" button on the right, then click on "school finder".  Enter your street number, your street name, and city, press enter and it will show you what school is your school of residence.


When your student is absent you must report their absence to the office.  You may do so in the following ways:

1. PHE has an attendance hotline you may call 24 hours a day.  The number is 682-8000 ext. 7050.  Please leave your student's name, spelling the last name, your relationship to the student, what grade, who is the teacher and the reason for the absence. Please specify what type of an appointment your student is attending.

2.  Email PHE at  Please include the student's name, grade, and reason for their absence.

Your students' absence is "excused" when it is for:

their illness, their doctor's/dentist appointment, immediate family member funeral, or religious observance.  All other absences will be deemed "unexcused"  If the student has excessive absences the student may become truant.

Pursant to the Education Code 48260 "Any student subject to compulsory full-time education or to compulsory continuation education who is absent from school without valid excuse three full days in one school year or tardy or absent for more than any 30-minute period during the school day without valid excuse on three occasions in one school year, or any combination thereof, is truant and shall be reportred to the superintendent of the school district."

Late Arrival to School

When your child is late coming to school, they must come in to the office to receive an attendance slip to go to class.  If you bring your child from 8:05 -8:15 am they may go straight to class where the teacher will mark them tardy after that you must come in to the office with your child.  If your child is coming from a medical or dental appointment, please have the dr.'s office write a confirmation note with your child's name, date, and time of appointment.

Students Leaving During the School Day

Please attempt to make all your child's appointments after the school day.  We understand that at times this is not possible.  When you do need to pick up your child during the school day, you MUST first come to the office and sign your child out.  Then the office will contact your child's teacher and request your student to come to the office.  The office cannot call the student ahead of time.  The student cannot wait in office for you to arrive.  The student will not be released to anyone that is not on your Emergency Contact list, unless you have contacted the office.  A photo ID may be requested for verification.

Independent Study Contracts

If your student will be gone for 5 days or longer, not counting holidays and weekends,  you may request an "Independent Study" form from the office.  You must submit the form to the office at least 2 weeks prior to your students' absence for teacher and principal's approval.  The work assigned by the teacher must be returned the first day back for the student.  If the contract is not complete the student's absences will be changed to "Unexcused".